HelpSTAR, a provider of helpdesk software, has launched HelpSTAR 2012 Service Desk Collaboration Suite.
HelpSTAR integrates the workflow components of its enterprise-class Service Desk Management solution with documentation (ECM), communication, and synchronization functionality.
HelpSTAR service requests include updates, escalations, business rules transactions, notifications and alerts, role-based access control, and more. Unique to HelpSTAR 2012, is the array of collaborative objects that are integrated in the service request. These range from instant messages between representatives, documents with encryption, check-in/out, searches, and preview functionality as well as appointments and meetings. These features enable customers to send, receive and view communications relating to requests within one consolidated view.
HelpSTAR 2012 Service Desk Collaboration Suite features include the following:
- Role-based access control to provide departments, teams and individuals with limited access to specific tasks, documents and calendar items.
- Rich service desk functionality support of ITIL framework (incident, problem, change management, service level management and configuration) as well as project and workflow.
- Document management to enable multiple users to coordinate tasks and workflows.
- Communication tools for increased teamwork within the project/task infrastructure.
- Mobile access from any mobile browser with no app required.
Igal Hauer, CEO of HelpSTAR, says his company's goal is to "enable our clients to get the job done by providing a tool that enhances their experience and efficiency rather than presents a layer of complexity that gets in their way.
"Delivering excellent service in today's complex corporate and technological environment requires communication flows and coordination mechanisms between service providers, end users, and suppliers that are far more sophisticated than those that existed even a decade ago," he continues. "Resolving an issue in this environment is a virtual Cirque du Soleil of carefully choreographed tasks, communications, and coordination activities."
HelpSTAR 2012, he adds, "incorporates new tools that support communications, coordination, and document-management that expands and extends the capabilities of the IT service desk to other departments, such as HR, facilities, legal, and professional services."