Global digital marketing provider ExactTarget, a salesforce.com company, has expanded its mobile marketing suite with new capabilities for multimedia mobile messaging (MMS), location-based push notifications, and rich push notifications to apps on smartphones and tablets.
Available through ExactTarget's MobileConnect and MobilePush applications, the new capabilities will enable marketers to deliver location-based push messages and MMS messages and combine multimedia content, such as video, audio, and images, with standard push messages or with an in-app message.
Key features of ExactTarget's expanded mobile marketing suite will include the following:
- Location-Based Messaging: Enables marketers to define location and parameters to power location-based messaging to apps on smartphones or tablets.
- Rich Push: Expands app-based push messaging with new capabilities to combine multimedia content with standard push messages or with an in-app message displayed in the mobile app inbox.
- MMS: Enables marketers to power mobile messages featuring images, video, and audio content.
- Marketing Cloud Integration: Provides seamless integration with the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud's contact model, calendar, and integrated messaging and data applications to optimize mobile messaging within the customer lifecycle.
- Journey Builder Integration: Interact with customers when they are most likely to convert, purchase, or engage with your brand by sending personalized content in real time across SMS, MMS, push, rich push, and mobile email.
"Mobile is fueling a transformation in business that holds incredible opportunity for companies to connect with their customers in entirely new ways," said R.J. Talyor, ExactTarget's vice president of mobile products, in a statement. "With the addition of location-based messaging and multimedia messaging to our leading mobile product lineup, ExactTarget continues to pioneer the technologies marketers need to deliver a true one-to-one experience that builds customer loyalty and drives sales."
ExactTarget's expanded suite of mobile marketing solutions is expected to be generally available early next year. MobileConnect and MobilePush are available as stand-alone products or integrated with the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.