Adobe today unveiled new features and functionality that extend the capabilities of Adobe Analytics, a key element of Adobe Marketing Cloud.
The upgrades are designed to significantly enhance marketers' and data analysts' abilities to identify and take action on critical insights for their businesses. New innovations include predictive analytics capabilities, advanced real-time reporting and data visualizations, video analytics advancements, and mobile app analytics.
The new advanced analytics functionality includes the following:
- Predictive Analytics (Anomaly Detection), which enables marketers and data analysts to uncover critical insights through automated anomaly detection, identifying data points that fall outside of the norm based on historical trends. Anomaly detection can be accessed from the Adobe Marketing Cloud interface and in the new Adobe Analytics iOS App for mobile device reporting. It can also be integrated into customized marketing dashboards through open APIs.
- Advanced Real-Time Reporting, which enables marketers, editors, and business users to understand content consumption, campaign success, and on-site conversion as it happens. Marketers can see their data at a granular level, refreshing as often as every five seconds.
- Data Visualization Upgrades that allow marketers to filter real-time streams of data to isolate key metrics and visually depict insights, such as whether a retailer's daily deal is performing, and what times of the day orders are being placed on their sites. Additionally, real time reporting visualizations can be toggled for display on big screen TVs and large computer monitors in news rooms or marketing department war rooms.
- Mobile Analytics that enable full access to analyze data collected from mobile apps in Adobe Analytics. A new mobile dimension added is GPS location, which enables marketers to serve location-specific content to customers based on their locations when they access mobile apps.
- In-app Conversion Analysis: Based on conversion metrics, such as time spent in an app or what actions a user takes while in that app, marketers can understand how users complete key actions, such as purchasing an item after first viewing.
- Video Metrics, which provide video publishers standardized video analytics reporting and measurement capabilities. This new capability captures user data every 10 seconds for content and every five seconds for ads using heartbeat measurements that are aggregated and sent back into Adobe Analytics to provide minute-granularity insights. Video ad tracking, integrated with content delivery, will enable broadcasters to optimize their ad loads by understanding the best times to insert ads, best number of ads to show, and ideal length of ads to ensure the least amount of impact to viewer engagement.
"Today's marketers are being held accountable for consistently improving the returns they can deliver on marketing spend," said Bill Ingram, vice president of Adobe Analytics and Adobe Social, in a statement. "New Adobe Analytics capabilities like predictive analytics and data visualization will help marketers understand the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns and drive better business results."
New functionality in Adobe Analytics is expected to be available to customers later this quarter.