BT has added new capabilities to its BT Contact portfolio to enhance omnichannel customer service.
The innovations to the BT Contact portfolio include technologies from BT's key partners and its own feature products and services for mid-market organizations with contact centers of between 100 and 1,000 seats.
The updated BT Contact portfolio now includes the following:
- BT Inbound Contact: harnessing BT's global voice network and employing its intelligence to route and queue calls all around the world. BT Inbound Contact allows organizations to provide a uniform service across all contact centers, providing callers, regardless of geographical location, with the same range of access numbers and routing plans. As part of the enhancements announced today, BT Inbound Contact is being rolled out to Chile, Colombia, Turkey, Thailand, Indonesia, Costa Rica, Venezuela, and Romania within the next 12 months.
- BT Auto Contact: an automated system that allows customers to use self-service technology to deal with simple, routine queries. BT is expanding its cloud-based self service solutions to the U.S. and Latin America, in addition to existing capabilities in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- BT Cloud Contact enables agents to work from any location. BT Cloud Contact's technology allows organizations to flex capacity in line with operational needs and is available as a "pay-as-you-go" service. BT Cloud Contact's new features include desktop connectors that allow organizations to incorporate more information on agents' desktop to help better serve customers. BT is also introducing Cisco SocialMiner to provide social media tools for agents using BT Cloud Contact. This allows cloud-based scanning and monitoring of social media networks, incorporating those into normal contact center operations to help provide a fully omnichannel experience. Relevant social media posts can then be presented to agents as a live feed.
- BT Onsite Contact has been enhanced for mid-market organizations, allowing for transparent capture and routing of customer requests, regardless of channel of contact.
- BT Optimize Contact: launched as a cloud service, BT Optimize Contact is a suite of optimization tools that gives deeper insight into contact center operations, from who is making contact, when and how, to staffing and service levels.
"BT Contact continues to innovate, helping organizations create an omnichannel approach to customer service," said Andrew Small, vice president of BT Contact in BT Global Services, in a statement. "Our latest enhancements to the portfolio empower organizations of all sizes to provide world-class care to their customers. It gives agents a much broader access to the information needed to manage customers' interactions regardless of channel used. And it provides organizations with the ability to add new communication channels without significantly increasing complexity or cost.
The BT Contact portfolio harnesses the latest technologies from Cisco, Avaya, and Genesys and is complemented by BT Advise Contact, a consultancy service drawing on BT's design and integration skills.