Starmount has released version 3.0 of Starmount Connect, an advanced omnichannel commerce and customer engagement platform, and version 3.0 of Starmount Engage, its mobile selling solution for retailers. Starmount Connect and Engage allow retailers to use mobile devices to engage their customers in the store aisle.
Starmount Connect brings together the data and capabilities to connect retailers' stores, Web site, warehouses and distribution centers, with out-of-the-box infrastructure, integration, data distribution, and enterprise services for omnichannel operations.
Starmount Connect 3.0 features include the following:
- An open omnichannel ecosystem platform: Includes turnkey integration with Sterling Commerce, Adobe Scene 7, Manhattan Order Management, and Salesforce.com.
- Enterprise-wide merchandise and store visibility: Access to transactional, inventory, and fulfillment systems throughout the enterprise.
- Advanced clienteling capabilities: On-demand views of purchase histories, wish lists, loyalty program data, and promotion details on mobile devices.
- Web- and social media-assisted selling: Access to ratings, reviews, blog posts, and related content from a retailer's Web site and others, to assist in selling efforts.
- Shopping activity dashboard: Provides insight into associate activity, customer searches, and in-store metrics.
Starmount Engage is a mobile selling assistant that allows store associates to manage the entire sales cycle using mobile devices. Release 3.0 of Starmount Engage includes significant new features for mobile selling, including the following:
- Enhanced tendering options: Includes the ability to accept cash, checks, and debit, in addition to credit cards and gift cards. Starmount Engage also now synchronizes with remote cash drawers throughout the store.
- Personal shopping capabilities for iPad: Store associates can access the clienteling capabilities provided by Starmount Engage. They can also take advantage of an interactive outfit builder that allows associates to quickly create outfits in a virtual dressing room using tablets, providing an engaging, highly visual customer experience that helps drive sales.
"Starmount's experience in working with some of the industry's most forward-thinking retailers gives us an advantage in understanding the requirements of next-generation, mobile-enabled retailing," said Jerry Rightmer, president and chief technology officer at Starmount, in a statement. "The latest release of Starmount Connect and Engage takes omni-channel engagement and mobile selling to a new level, helping enable a new ecosystem of omni-channel commerce."